Time for “Bag Check” for the tennis parent and coach. We all know the essential items that go into the player’s tennis bag, but what are the essential items for the tennis spectator?
Here are the top five must have items I put in my (fashionable) tennis spectator bag:
- Sun glasses: I have surpassed “crow’s-feet” and have moved onto “chicken’s-feet” from squinting into the sun at a few too many tennis matches.
- Sunscreen: I have experienced way too many tennis sunburns. You know the one with the lovely racoon eyes.
- Book: Great device to hide behind so they don’t see your facial expressions.
- iPod: To drown out the annoying tennis parent beside me.
- Tums: To stop my stomach from digesting itself as I have a nervous breakdown.
What’s in your bag?